Ordering Norwegian BankID
To start accepting real users with Norwegian BankID, you must first request a merchant certificate from the Norwegian BankID organisation.
Prerequisites for ordering a merchant certificate
In order to apply for a BankID merchant certificate for a company you must meet the basic requirements:
- Your company is registered in the central Norwegian business registry, Brønnøysundregistrene
- Your company is a customer of a Norwegian Bank. Most banks in Norway are part of the BankID network.
- The person that will sign the contract must be in possession of one of these personal e-IDs: Norwegian BankID, Swedish BankID, or Danish NemID
Ordering the merchant certificate
To order the actual certificate please send a request to
with answers to these questions:
- Your company: Name, organisation number, and address
- Your company’s Norwegian bank: Name, organisation number, and address
- General contact person at your company for BankID related communication: Name and email
- Contact person with authorization to block/revoke the BankID merchant certificate: Name, mobile phone, and email
- Person registered in the business registry with authorization to sign the agreement: Name and email
- The display name to appear in the login app. E.g. the name of your company or your specific service. (See the image below)
- Web address of your service to be listed on www.bankid.no
- Contact persons who should be notified of BankID operations related issues: Names and emails
- If you need access to social security numbers (“fødselsnummer”) please provide brief explanation of why and reference the Norwegian law and paragraph that grant you the right
- Finally, you must enclose a company certificate (“firmaattest”) from the business registry, Brønnøysundregistrene.
After Criipto has received the above information, we order the certificate from the BankID network by filling out an online agreement. The agreement is then sent to the appointed person at your company for signing, after which also Criipto will sign.
When all signatures are in place the signed agreement is sent to your bank for further processing and eventual issuance of your merchant certificate.
Once issued the certificated is installed directly into Criipto’s or the BankID infrastructure.